On this episode we have Bill Payne of Little Feat as out special guest. He joins us to talk about Little Feat's 50th Anniversary Tour which is about to get underway. Fifty years is a long time but we look back at how it all began. We also spend some time discussing his time with Leftover Salmon and The Doobie Brothers as well as his stint in Phil & Friends.
After our chat we spin some Little Feat and Phil Friends jams for your listening pleasure.
Many thanks to Bill for coming on and chatting with me. You can find ticket information for all of the following tourdates and more at LittleFeat.Net.
- March 7, Thurs. Warner Theatre, Washington, DC
- March 8, Fri. Beacon Theatre, New York City with the full Midnight
- Ramble Band (Larry Campbell and Amy Helm)
- March 9, Sat. Scottish Rite Auditorium, Collingswood, NJ
- March 11, Mon. Harvester Performance Center, Rocky Mount, NC
- March 12, Tues. Atlanta Symphony Hall, Atlanta, GA
- March 13, Weds. Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Asheville, NC
- March 15, Fri. Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN
- March 18, Mon. King Ctr. for the Performing Arts, Melbourne, FL
- March 19, Tues. Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL with Buddy Guy
- March 20, Weds. Florida Theatre, Jacksonville, FL
- March 22, Fri. Pembroke Pines City Center, Pembroke Pines, FL
- March 26-30 Melia Braco Village Resort, Trelawny, Jamaica with the Ramble Band and Lucinda Williams
Don't forget to follow the @BrokedownPod twitter account for regular news, live tweetstorms of shows as I listen, and other minutiae. We also have an Instagram account with the same handle. If you like pictures of things, you can find that here: BrokedownPod Instagram. Also, if you use iTunes, please consider posting a review as it really help get the word out.
Listen via iTunes, GooglePlay, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also listen in the player below.