Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Eric Renner Brown


Greetings, Dead Freaks! We're back with a fresh episode, this time a talk with writer, Eric Renner Brown. Eric is a writer and editor for Pollstar and, more importantly, a Deadhead. We talked about how he, a younger fan, got into the band, seeing the post-Dead offshoots with his Deadhead Dad and, of course his favorite tapes. After all of that, I've got some tasty selections of live Grateful Dead for you to enjoy so make yourself at home and enjoy the ride!

Also in this episode, I get into some of the great new music that's been catching my ears lately. Previous guests Elkhorn, new solo music from Circles Around The Sun's Dan Horne, the excellent folk of Joan Shelley, and a new live release from Hiss golden Messenger. All of that and so much more can be found in my bandcamp collection at https://bandcamp.com/rowjimmy.

Allow me to remind you that the Brokedown Podcast is part of the Osiris Media. Osiris is creating a community that connects people like you with podcasts and live experiences about artists and topics you love. Sign up for the newsletter at OsirisPod.com to stay in the loop. Also,  Osiris Media works in partnership with JamBase, which connects music fans with the music they love and empowers them to go see live music. Check them out at JamBase.com.

Don't forget to follow the @BrokedownPod twitter account for regular news, live tweetstorms of shows as I listen, and other minutiae. We also have an Instagram account with the same handle. If you like pictures of things, you can find that here: BrokedownPod Instagram. Also, if you use iTunes, please consider posting a review as it really help get the word out.

Also, please keep sending your metaphorical cards and letters. Leave a comment on the blog or hit me up on any of the above social media. Let me know what I'm doing right, wrong, or horribly wrong.

Listen via iTunesGooglePlayStitcher, and Spotify. We're also now available via Amazon Music! You can also listen in the player below.

Selections In This Episode:

Grateful Dead:
1987-04-04 The Centrum, Worchester, MA - Touch Of Grey

1982-08-06 Civic Center, St. Paul, MN - Bird Song > El Paso, Candyman, Scarlet > Fire, Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance > Jam > Drums/Space > Wharf Rat, Might As Well


1 comment:

  1. Re: about 52 min of the podcast, I just wanted to say that I've listened through most of your shows since I discovered your podcast, and I look forward to your show and notice if one hasn't come out lately. Your show has introduced me to a lot of really great AUD's that I would never have gone through myself. I especially appreciated your episodes about September 72, May 73, and MSG 90.

    There aren't any other deadheads that I know of in my area and things like this really help me to keep the connection and I think you're doing good work and hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete